Friday 26 April 2013

My Experience at PTWS!!!

Princes Town West Secondary has been a milestone in my life not only as a educational institution to past my A level exams but it has also developed my social and cultural needs which makes me proud to be a student at this institution. It helped me look at life from a different perspective. The teachers and staff at this school drastically instilled some level of maturity in my classmates and I.
I remember being a very shy kid walking into that rusty old gate and noisy compound and saying to myself, "What was I getting myself into!!!" The walkways however was very clean. Thanks to the well trained MTS workers. I stepped into the classroom and there was utter silence. Everyone was in their little groups but it only took us till lunchtime to speak to each other. The class was a mixture of different ethnicity, colour, and students who embarked from different schools. The way a true trini class suppose to be. :-X 
The school was equiped with a well trained and skilled teachers and library staff. The teachers were like parents to us, helping us each step of the way in passing every obstacle towards our common goal of passing our CAPE exams. The library had a well stocked book compacity however it only took a year for the aircondition to collapsed. I guess we all made use of the fans and sometimes even the magazines in fanning and cooling our temperatures. B-) 
We even lost a classmate along the way. A sad tragedy indeed. :-( 
I think I was satisfied with my results at Unit 1 although I knew I could have done better. The good thing about our class is no matter what the outcome of exams, we all have a smile on our faces because of our comforting classmates.:-D  
Well soon the decision on a class outting had to be made,I don't know how it became narrowed down to Rancho Quemado but this didn't stop us from having a good time. We cooked, got soaked in the rain, talked with a monkey and caught fish. What more could we ask for?  We also got that plungent heightened aroma of cocoa something you wouldn`t smell in everyday life. :-$  
We were all Prefects which made us learn good values and leadership skills. We had a excellent dean who was with us through the process as well as a head boy and headgirl.=-O 
Some friends could not have been replaced by any other.:O 
We are all comming to the end of the journey awaiting Unit 2 and moving on to jobs and tertiary education.:-[ 
No ink stainned shirts can account for our friendships. Goodbye guys, we all triumph. The legacy will live on in our hearts. Smile CAPE is finally over.
:-!
P.S.No crying :'( 

WRITTEN BY
Brandon Seerattan.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment