Saturday 16 June 2012

Graduation Time In Trinidad and Tobago

Graduation ceremonies are once again held throughout Trinidad and Tobago.It is a time of the year whereby lots of children are graduating and are moving on to a higher level of education. It is a time of anticipation for many children and parents throughout Trinidad and Tobago and they are all eagerly awaiting there children's results. For some failure is not and option because the parents, friends and relatives all have sufficient amount of hope in there child.
Personally I have mixed feelings about graduations. The ceremony to me are usually long and boring and are sometimes like funeral functions. 'To be honest,' I am not a big fan of formal clothing but I have to wear them anyways, then there is, 'the flip side of the coin.
Graduation to me is a time of reflection of what you have done throughout the year and that is exactly what I feel. I also like the whole atmosphere of receiving my certificate and awards because it makes me feel joyous as I knew that I had made the choice to study and do my school work throughout the year.
   
It was both a honour and privilege to go to my sisters graduation which took place at the St Stephens Anglican church in Princes Town Trinidad and Tobago. There was alot of entertainment all of which was vague to me because I found myself sleeping throughout some of the speeches.
But the smiles on the graduating class could have lit up a room. It was a great site to see.

Fun Fact:  On the North West and North East of the church, stand two majestic yellow Poui Trees. These were planted by Prince George of Wales (later to become King George V) and his brother Prince Edward Albert of England on the 22nd January 1880 to mark their visit to the town. It is from this visit that Princes Town, formerly called The Mission, got its name.
 The St Stephens Anglican Church

My sister graduated and as she walk of the stage with her certificate and 2 trophies. I was startled as I received a big hug. I had help her a lot with her endeavors and a priceless hug and a huge smile was all a big brother could have asked for.

 My Sister and Mom Standing Among The Majestic Poui Tree

 As the graduation came to and end for my sister and her fellow classmates the memory would live on in there hearts as Primary school was now comming to and end and they would have to prep and get ready for secondary school.
                                                   Congratulation!!!! Sis You did us proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment